Water Resources Manager
Clackamas River Water (CRW) has earned a reputation for providing high-quality drinking water to nearly 13,000 retail and commercial customers that serve a population of 50,000 in addition to providing wholesale water to neighboring water systems. We are offering an excellent opportunity for you be part of a sustainable organization by leading our water resources team - well known for providing the community we serve with exceptional quality water.
Our values for Quality Water, Customer Service, Financial Accountability, Responsible Stewardship govern what we do in serving each other, the public and our surrounding community.
CRW is seeking a qualified candidate to be our next Water Resources Manager. This highly responsible position will manage the Water Resources Department staff in the efficient operations and maintenance of the District’s 30 MGD water treatment facility, storage and pumping facilities, and provide oversight of our in-house water quality laboratory featuring coliform and cyanotoxin analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, microbiology, environmental science or civil engineering or related field with a State of Oregon Water Treatment Operator (WTO) Level 3 certification, five (5) years of progressive, responsible work experience in municipal water supply system operations and maintenance, three (3) of which are in a supervisory capacity or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. Preference will be given to candidates with a Water Treatment Operator Level 4.
- Demonstrated application of federal and state regulations for public drinking water systems.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and verbal/written communication and planning skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in drinking water software applications such as SCADA, Wonderware, or similar monitoring and control platforms. Knowledge of pump applications, drive motor controls and functions of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to flex schedule to perform Direct Responsible Charge duties and accommodate water operations and production needs.
- This is a safety-sensitive position: you must be able to meet physical standards for wearing respiratory protection equipment based on passing a specialized physical exam prior to hire date and maintain respirator certification. A valid driver’s license is also required.
Salary range: 94,343.41 - 128,305.38 (management, non-represented)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
CRW offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life and long-term disability coverage and retirement plans including enrollment into Oregon’s public employees’ retirement system (PERS).
Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to require a criminal/civil background and driving record check, and a drug and alcohol screen for safety-sensitive positions, as a condition of employment.